Matcha Green Tea Almond Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
1/3 cup almonds, chopped
1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sift together matcha and flour.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in electric mixer (or vigorously with whisk and hands) until smooth and fluffy working up to high speed.
4. Lower speed and add flour matcha mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until dough begins to form (using spatula, scrap down sides of bowl and keep mixing.
5 Add almonds in three batches.
6. Roll dough into a log (as best as possible) and wrap with plastic wrap.
7. Put dough in freezer for 30 minutes.
8. Using a sharp knife, slice dough into rounds.
9. Arrange dough rounds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat, bake for 16 minutes.