Herb Parmesan Jalapeno Crisps
Super Bowl Sunday anyone??
For the crisps:
2 medium jalapenos, very thinly sliced and seeds removed
8 ounces grated parmesan cheese
3 large sprigs rosemary, minced
4 medium-large garlic cloves, minced
2 pinches ground black pepper, or more to taste
For the blue cheese dressing:
1 cup plain Greek yogurt, or sour cream
4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese, minced rosemary, minced garlic and black pepper. Toss and mix well to evenly combine.
3. Arrange thinly sliced jalapenos on the baking sheet, two per crisp and arrange to where they will be about an inch away from each other on the baking sheet.
4. Top the jalapeno slices with a mound of the Parmesan cheese mixture. The cheese will melt down and spread thin, make sure it is a generous amount.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts and turns golden brown around the edges.
6. Remove from oven and transfer crisps to a wire rack for cooling. Leave them on the wire rack until cooled and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel and then layer paper towel and crisps to help absorb the grease before serving.
7. For the dip, use an electric mixer to whip together the yogurt, cream cheese and blue cheese crumbles until smooth.