Hemp-Encrusted Salmon Cakes
Makes 4 patties
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can wild Alaskan salmon, drained and picked through to remove any bones and excess skin
1/2 cup diced onion
2 tablespoons capers (without liquid)
2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
2 dashes salt
1 cup shelled hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375. Combine salmon, the egg, capers, onion, mayo, Worcestershire and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir to evenly combine. Mixture should be airy and easy to press and form together.
3. Pour hemp seeds onto a flat plate and shake plate to evenly distribute hemp seeds in 1 even layer.
4. Form patties and lay them on the hemp seeds, evenly coating each side.
5. Heat oil over medium-high heat in an oven proof skillet. Once the oil is hot enough (you want to hear a sizzle when you lay the patties in the hot oil) transfer the patties to the hot pan and allow to sear until golden brown. Carefully flip the patties and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook until the other side is golden brown and patties are cooked through - approx. 10-15 minutes.
**Serve with extra chipotle mayo, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce or a few lemon wedges!
**Enjoy over our side of tangy braised kale - find it under sides and snacks!