Georgia Peach and Shrimp Salad
1 pound of small wild caught shrimp (big will work too, use less), peeled and deveined
2-3 peaches (skin left on for extra fiber), diced
1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium-large sweet potato, large diced roasted with olive oil and sea salt (skin left on for extra fiber)
3/4 cup dry pearled barley (boiled according to package instructions)
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or more to taste)
1/2 cup crumbled feta
2 handfuls of arugula or spinach would be a great addition (stir into warm barley to wilt)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Large-dice sweet potatoes and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Roast until fork tender.
2. While sweet potatoes are roasting, boil the pearled barley according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, dice the peaches and bell pepper. Add to a mixing bowl.
4. After the shrimp are ready to cook, add them to a skillet with olive oil and saute over medium-high heat until pink and cooked through.
5. Once the shrimp are cooked, add them to the mixing bowl with the peaches and bell pepper. Once cooked, add the sweet potato and barley to the mix. Stir well to combine.
6. Add white wine vinegar to the bowl, pouring it over the whole mixture (not just in one place). Mix well to combine. Add more white wine vinegar to meet your taste preferences.
**Enjoy at room temperature!