Burgers with Bean-ifits!
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
2/3 cup finely diced onions
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard, or dijon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/3 cup plain quick oats
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the black beans until almost pureed, but keeping some texture.
3. Stir in condiments and spices until well combined.
4. Fold in the oats using a spatula. The mixture should be moist and almost fluffy.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and form into thin patties.
6. Bake for 7 minutes and then carefully flip patties over, bake for another 7 minutes, or until crusty.
*Patties can keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Reheating may dry them out slightly.