Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies
Recipe featured in the Intuitive Cooking and Eating Summit
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup smooth crunchy natural almond butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup quinoa flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or tinfoil, allowing it to overhang on the edges. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Beat butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk quinoa flour, baking powder and salt together.
5. Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mix.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, 25 to 35 minutes. Do not over bake.
8. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Using the parchment paper, lift the whole panful out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 24 squares.
9. Let cool completely before storing.
*Top with cashew cream (recipe under "Sauces, Dips & Dressings" tab)